BADASS FEMALE TRAVELERS
It’s simple – we’re females. We travel. And of course, we’re badass.
Discover the numinous accounts of women’s journeys around the world.
WHERE AM I?
Founded by college students, our mission is to document and share the many short story accounts women have experienced throughout their travels. Join and contribute by sharing your experiences and tips abroad.
HER FEATURED STORIES
DeAnna English sits down with Alejandro “Aleks” Leiva, Peruvian native, tour guide, translator, and now entrepreneur. DeAnna and Aleks discuss Peru’s tourism industry, the fate of Machu Picchu, and Aleks’s startup.
Kayaking the Length of One of Africa’s Great Lakes.
Accidentally supporting the drug trade in India
HER LATEST STORIES
A quick tool guide for wary travelers during the DC Cherry Blossom Festival.
Finding authenticity and beauty in the capital of Cambodia
To all the BFT friends online and around the world. Yes. We f***d up. We dropped the BFT baby. We hit the writer’s block. We found our existential “crisis”. …So what happened?? Badass Female Travelers was created to connect and share personal stories of – you guessed it – badass female travelers from around theContinue reading “BFT(D): Back From The Dead”
I was diagnosed at 15 years old with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, after years of blood tests, hospital visits and repeatedly being told that I was lazy.… Traveling with Chronic Illness
The Baby Theft Series: a short story account of climbing the Pyrenees Mountains.
A mother’s insights in camping with her child.
- Charlotte Blixen: A City of Contradictions
- Charlotte Blixen: Lockdown in France
- DeAnna English: Tampons & Glory
- DeAnna English: My Childhood Waves
- Jannah Bowen: Breaking Up and Finding Freedom
- DeAnna English: Lost in Translation
- DeAnna English: Recipe for a Polynesian Breakfast
- DeAnna English: The Local Peruvian Voice
- Megan O’Brien: Paddles, Bananas and A Short Drop…
- Charlotte Blixen: 5 Things to Do in Denmark Besides Visiting Copenhagen
- Alina Lindquist: Jungle Tales
- Hailee Boyle: Huaraz, A Haven for any Hiker Chick
- Shreya: Travel Diaries: Turtuk, India
- Bri: What I learned from living out of my car and altitude training for 2 months
- Jay: The Baby Theft Series
- DeAnna English: Where to Find the Best – and Safest – Cherry Blossoms in DC
- Charlotte Blixen: The Hidden Beauty of Phnom Penh