BADASS FEMALE TRAVELERS
It’s simple – we’re females. We travel. And of course, we’re badass.
Discover the numinous accounts of women’s journeys around the world.
WHERE AM I?
Founded by college students, our mission is to document and share the many short story accounts women have experienced throughout their travels. Join and contribute by sharing your experiences and tips abroad.
HER FEATURED STORIES
The Local Voice – Alejandro “Aleks” Leiva
DeAnna English sits down with Alejandro “Aleks” Leiva, Peruvian native, tour guide, translator, and now entrepreneur. DeAnna and Aleks discuss Peru’s tourism industry, the fate of Machu Picchu, and Aleks’s startup.
Paddles, Bananas and A Short Drop…
Kayaking the Length of One of Africa’s Great Lakes.
A City of Contradictions
Accidentally supporting the drug trade in India
HER LATEST STORIES
Diaries of a Suicide Crisis Counselor
A traveling counselor’s accounts of losing a friend to suicide
A Unique Time To Be A Tourist in Your Home Town
A lone tourist’s travels in Italy during COVID-19.
Travelling when you’re young, not-so-wild and… broke
You’re maybe in your 20s. Maybe you’re taking a gap year or working a gruelling, low-paying job or studying. Whatever you might be doing, someone somewhere has likely told you to “go crazy, quit your job, move to Hawaii, or backpack through Europe”. “You’re in your 20s! Have fun! Go find yourself! Now’s your time”.…
A Day in the Life of a Standby Traveler
We’re the last ones to board the plane. If we can, we’ll show up two hours early at the gate with packed bags and pretty attire, covering up the fact that we slept for two days in a nearby terminal. Funny as it sounds, it’s the type of traveling where we show up at the…
Travel Guide: Amsterdam
You may not have already visited Amsterdam but I’m sure it’s on your bucket list. I visited Amsterdam in the spring of 2019 and it was one of the coolest cities I’ve ever been to. The atmosphere in Amsterdam is unlike anything I’ve ever experienced before. I truly hope you’re able to experience it for…
- Charlotte Blixen: A City of Contradictions
- Charlotte Blixen: Lockdown in France
- DeAnna English: Tampons & Glory
- DeAnna English: My Childhood Waves
- Jannah Bowen: Breaking Up and Finding Freedom
- DeAnna English: Lost in Translation
- DeAnna English: Recipe for a Polynesian Breakfast
- DeAnna English: The Local Peruvian Voice
- Megan O’Brien: Paddles, Bananas and A Short Drop…
- Charlotte Blixen: 5 Things to Do in Denmark Besides Visiting Copenhagen
- Alina Lindquist: Jungle Tales
- Hailee Boyle: Huaraz, A Haven for any Hiker Chick
- Shreya: Travel Diaries: Turtuk, India
- Bri: What I learned from living out of my car and altitude training for 2 months
- Jay: The Baby Theft Series
- DeAnna English: Where to Find the Best – and Safest – Cherry Blossoms in DC
- Charlotte Blixen: The Hidden Beauty of Phnom Penh
One short story a week. That’s how we roll. Sign up to get your latest badass tales from female travelers around the world.