BADASS FEMALE TRAVELERS
It’s simple – we’re females. We travel. And of course, we’re badass.
Discover the numinous accounts of women’s journeys around the world.
WHERE AM I?
Founded by college students, our mission is to document and share the many short story accounts women have experienced throughout their travels. Join and contribute by sharing your experiences and tips abroad.
HER FEATURED STORIES
DeAnna English sits down with Alejandro “Aleks” Leiva, Peruvian native, tour guide, translator, and now entrepreneur. DeAnna and Aleks discuss Peru’s tourism industry, the fate of Machu Picchu, and Aleks’s startup.
Kayaking the Length of One of Africa’s Great Lakes.
Accidentally supporting the drug trade in India
HER LATEST STORIES
We’re the last ones to board the plane. If we can, we’ll show up two hours early at the gate with packed bags and pretty attire, covering up the fact that we slept for two days in a nearby terminal. Funny as it sounds, it’s the type of traveling where we show up at theContinue reading “A Day in the Life of a Standby Traveler”
You may not have already visited Amsterdam but I’m sure it’s on your bucket list. I visited Amsterdam in the spring of 2019 and it was one of the coolest cities I’ve ever been to. The atmosphere in Amsterdam is unlike anything I’ve ever experienced before. I truly hope you’re able to experience it forContinue reading “Travel Guide: Amsterdam”
A two-day experience in the northern Mojave Desert.
Not all travels are glamorous, fun and fulfilling. Sometimes things just go horribly. Wrong. It was my boyfriend’s birthday earlier in May. I was planning a surprise trip with his friend from the Bay Area. The plan was that he would drive down to Vegas, surprise my boyfriend, we drive up to Great Basin NationalContinue reading “A Horribly Wrong Trip”
Finding a hidden lake in Delhi
Conversations with a New Orleans Voodoo Priestess.
- Charlotte Blixen: A City of Contradictions
- Charlotte Blixen: Lockdown in France
- DeAnna English: Tampons & Glory
- DeAnna English: My Childhood Waves
- Jannah Bowen: Breaking Up and Finding Freedom
- DeAnna English: Lost in Translation
- DeAnna English: Recipe for a Polynesian Breakfast
- DeAnna English: The Local Peruvian Voice
- Megan O’Brien: Paddles, Bananas and A Short Drop…
- Charlotte Blixen: 5 Things to Do in Denmark Besides Visiting Copenhagen
- Alina Lindquist: Jungle Tales
- Hailee Boyle: Huaraz, A Haven for any Hiker Chick
- Shreya: Travel Diaries: Turtuk, India
- Bri: What I learned from living out of my car and altitude training for 2 months
- Jay: The Baby Theft Series
- DeAnna English: Where to Find the Best – and Safest – Cherry Blossoms in DC
- Charlotte Blixen: The Hidden Beauty of Phnom Penh