BADASS FEMALE TRAVELERS
It’s simple – we’re females. We travel. And of course, we’re badass.
Discover the numinous accounts of women’s journeys around the world.
WHERE AM I?
Founded by college students, our mission is to document and share the many short story accounts women have experienced throughout their travels. Join and contribute by sharing your experiences and tips abroad.
HER FEATURED STORIES
DeAnna English sits down with Alejandro “Aleks” Leiva, Peruvian native, tour guide, translator, and now entrepreneur. DeAnna and Aleks discuss Peru’s tourism industry, the fate of Machu Picchu, and Aleks’s startup.
Kayaking the Length of One of Africa’s Great Lakes.
Accidentally supporting the drug trade in India
HER LATEST STORIES
A mother’s insights in camping with her child.
The Baby Theft Series: a short story account of climbing the Pyrenees Mountains.
A trail runner’s experience in altitude training in the mountains of Colorado.
A fellow globetrotter’s embarrassing travel tales.
A local traveler’s experience in the countryside of northern India.
A solo female traveler’s tip on backpacking the mountains of Peru.
- Charlotte Blixen: A City of Contradictions
- Charlotte Blixen: Lockdown in France
- DeAnna English: Tampons & Glory
- DeAnna English: My Childhood Waves
- Jannah Bowen: Breaking Up and Finding Freedom
- DeAnna English: Lost in Translation
- DeAnna English: Recipe for a Polynesian Breakfast
- DeAnna English: The Local Peruvian Voice
- Megan O’Brien: Paddles, Bananas and A Short Drop…
- Charlotte Blixen: 5 Things to Do in Denmark Besides Visiting Copenhagen
- Alina Lindquist: Jungle Tales
- Hailee Boyle: Huaraz, A Haven for any Hiker Chick
- Shreya: Travel Diaries: Turtuk, India
- Bri: What I learned from living out of my car and altitude training for 2 months
- Jay: The Baby Theft Series